Thank you for your application. Your profile and application details have been forwarded to our HR department.
PHP Developer/Sr Developer Verna, Goa, India | Full-Time
This position is responsible for development and support of PHP applications with SQL Server. The candidate in this position will work collaboratively with peers to develop, enhance and maintain applications. The candidate will support current customer applications as well as develop new apps / modifications to current applications. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a web development environment.
- Develop/implement new modules to specifications
- Implement fixes for existing applications per specifications or on direction of senior staff
- Deploy changes/new modules into production environment, or client framework
- Commit own code into source versioning system(s) according to guidelines
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions in applications under development and applications in production where you might have to work with someone's code and provide suitable solutions for issues/errors/new features based on the understanding of the system and client business processes
- Implement unit test cases for your code and for integration testing
- Keep clear and descriptive code comments; understand project documentation and keep project files (naming convention and structure) well organized. Contribute to technical documentation and deployment guides
- Perform testing and work with QA on ensuring that application meets relevant QA standards by taking ownership to devise a plan for minimizing errors and bugs
- Increase proficiency level in technologies used by the client and investigate and develop skills in new technologies
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with PHP either in Windows or Linux environment
- Experience with working in an MVC framework like Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter etc.
- Experience with SQL based database, MySQL and SQL Server is preferred
- Experience with a source control system like CVS, Subversion, TFS or Git
- Experience with JQuery is preferred
- In-depth knowledge on Joomla or WordPress
- Strong analytical skills: can read business requirements, analyze issues and proposed solutions to make sure they can be implemented successfully
- Ability to identify alternatives and find an optimal way to implement a solution
- Ability to follow through and make sure the right logic is applied
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to manage time on several tasks and juggle competing deadlines
- Ability to explain technical project details effectively in English verbally and in writing
Education and Work Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is required in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.
- This individual should have over 3 years of working experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If that's not your area, check our other 22 Open Positions
Creative Capsule is a software consulting firm established in 2003 with a team of 250+ full-time employees.
Our business is built on a culture of open communication, new ways of thinking, and the delivery of innovative, quality solutions that drive client satisfaction.