Thank you for your application. Your profile and application details have been forwarded to our HR department.
PHP – Team Lead (Verna, Goa, India | Full Time)
The primary responsibility of a person in this position is to oversee web application solutions developed in various frameworks. This person will develop project technology strategy; contribute to the application architecture design, as well as applications’ development, implementation, and maintenance. The person is responsible for resolving high-level project-related issues and assisting team leads in resolving project-specific concerns and issues. This person communicates with internal staff as well clients regarding solution risks and barriers, new opportunities and proposals. The person is to assist in defining architecture and coding standards and frameworks, and for identifying emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to client’s business goals. The person is responsible for managing application development team performance and competence.
- Oversee development of project technology strategy and design solutions proposed by staff
- Ensure solutions developed comply with functional and system specifications
- Oversee resource and project task management within a team
- Communicate with internal staff as well clients to resolve important issues, educate regarding solution risks and barriers, participate in discussions on new opportunities and proposals
- Assist in defining project architecture, coding standards and frameworks to be used and ensure teams comply with the existing standards
- Review work of team members and provide concrete, detailed, and frequent feedback
- Define performance objectives and direction for the team member growth and assist in performance evaluations
- Monitor emerging technologies and evaluate their applicability to client’s business goals, define teams professional development objectives
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with PHP either in Windows or Linux environment
- Experience with SQL based database, MySQL and SQL Server is preferred
- Experience with a source control system like CVS, Subversion, TFS or Git
- Experience with JQuery is preferred
- Experience with Joomla or wordpress is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing technical aspects to people with various backgrounds and management levels
- Ability to lead large group meetings / brainstorming sessions
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the detail and conceptual levels
- Ability to lead multiple teams and build consensus
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude, and a desire to excel
- Ability to manage time and resources and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and other relevant software tools
Education and Work Experience:
- This individual should have over 12 years of working experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.