Thank you for your application. Your profile and application details have been forwarded to our HR department.
SQL Developer Verna, Goa, India | Full-Time
This position is responsible for the development and organization of database. This person will provide ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas. The person will be developing SQL databases and writing applications to interface with SQL databases, as well as writing and testing code. This person will be responsible for building scalable, high-quality and high-performance database applications on the Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL/PostgreSQL/Aurora/Cloud Databases.
This person will work with a team of application developers and database support and administrators to build high performance enterprise systems.
- Identify and write best possible code in case of new deployments or re-write code when migrating to newer version of Database Server
- Create database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers etc.
- Maintain referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity by using the available options such as constraints etc.
- Identify columns for Primary Keys in all the tables at the design time and create them.
- Create functions to provide custom functionality as per the requirements
- Participate in discussions involving the application creation and understand the requirements and provide the back-end functionality for the applications
- Ensure the SQL queries written are properly optimized
- Assist team members in understanding domain requirements
- Assist team in redesigning of existing databases
- Design and develop SQL procedures, query performance tunings etc.
- Resolve and troubleshoot simple/complex issues related to SQL
- Develop database architecture and data model
- Provide and design tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment.
- Develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Increase proficiency level in technologies used by the client and investigate and develop skills in new technologies
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in SQL development and review of stored procedures for consistency and quality
- Experience working with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience optimizing large, complicated SQL statements
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues with database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication and other such issues in MS-SQL/MySQL
- Experience in a database performance tuning and query optimization
- Experience in Power shell or any scripting language is desirable
- Strong experience with cloud database.
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS database optimization and other techniques is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of how to effectively manage indexes and perform integrity checks
- In-depth understanding of database structures and principles
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Strong analytical skills and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to manage time and resources and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Be able to explain technical project details effectively in English verbally and in writing
Education and Work Experience:
The candidate should have over 4 years of working experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. MCDBA/MCT certification is preferred.
If that's not your area, check our other 22 Open Positions
Creative Capsule is a software consulting firm established in 2003 with a team of 250+ full-time employees.
Our business is built on a culture of open communication, new ways of thinking, and the delivery of innovative, quality solutions that drive client satisfaction.