Senior Team Lead – Front-End Development (Verna, Goa, India | Full Time)
The primary responsibility of a person in this position is to oversee the front-end development team. This person will develop project technology strategy; contribute to the applications’ development, implementation, and maintenance. The person is responsible for resolving high-level project-related issues and assisting team leads in resolving project-specific concerns and issues. This person will communicate with internal staff as well clients regarding solution risks and barriers, new opportunities and proposals. The person is to assist in defining architecture and coding standards and frameworks, and for identifying emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to client’s business goals. The person is responsible for managing application development team performance and competence.
- Oversee development of project technology strategy and design solutions proposed by staff
- Oversee resource and project task management within a team
- Oversee the enhancements of existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Ensure projects have adequate technical documentation
- Ensure solutions developed comply with functional and system specifications
- Ensure that applications meet relevant QA standards and best practices
- Oversee projects to make sure work is scheduled based on priorities, risks and team strengths
- Oversee assignment of resources across projects
- Understand and clarify technical specifications to ensure development teams know what is to be developed
- Provide leadership during development by working with technical architects, QA, deployment support teams during the design, development and implementation phases
- Communicate with client and other teams’ staff on project progress
- Anticipate and manage risks and act in a manner that reduces project risks and keeps the project within objectives (timeline, budget, quality)
- Lead/mentor team leads and senior developers and share knowledge to make sure development staff meets technical qualifications required for their positions
- Plan for training and upskilling of developers in the team. Analyze and review training progress across the team.
- Assess the onboarding processes periodically to ensure the set processes are effective.
- Work with clients in evaluating priorities and objectives for the next features
- Assess processes and systems and ensure that adjustments are made to continue meeting efficiently and quality standards and the objectives of the client
- Assist in recruiting new staff, conducting interviews and evaluate potential candidates
- Assist in formulating development standards and best practices
- Lead/mentor developers and share knowledge through technical sessions/presentations.
- Proficient in HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient in CSS frameworks like Bootstrap and Materialize
- Good understanding of server-side pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS
- Good knowledge and understanding of Angular and ReactJS
- Knowledge of working with PHP/.NET CMS frameworks is an added advantage
- Proficient in using design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator & Sketch
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- In-depth knowledge of source versioning systems like Git, SVN & TFS Personal Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing technical aspects to people with various backgrounds and management levels
- Ability to lead large group meetings / brainstorming sessions
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the detail and conceptual levels
- Ability to lead multiple teams and build consensus
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to mentor and manage junior team members
- Ability to manage time on several tasks and juggle competing deadlines
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude, and a desire to excel
- Ability to identify alternatives and find an optimal way to implement a solution
- Ability to apply logic in identifying patterns, structures and formats and organizing ideas to validate solutions proposed
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
Education and Work Experience:
- This individual should have over 14 years of working experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.