Thank you for your application. Your profile and application details have been forwarded to our HR department.
QA Engineer (Verna, Goa, India | Full Time)
This position is responsible for leading quality review of various applications and includes creating test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with developers, business analysts and project managers which are used to shape and verify code and check conformance to system requirements. The role relies upon test automation and manual testing tools.
- Responsible for test planning, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, exploratory and manual testing, defect logging and verification
- Reviews requirements and provides feedback
- Defines, creates, and maintains test data and test documentation
- Oversees implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests
- Works with various team members in resolving bugs and issues identified during testing
- Reviews and re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules
- Assists management in setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization
- Assists in coaching junior staff, by helping them to make decisions, solve problems, manage meetings and set goals, provides feedback on testing-related tasks, delegates and assigns testing responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in testing various applications, services and user interfaces
- Experience in test automation and creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
- Familiarity with various defect management systems
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices & methodologies
- Understanding of test-driven development
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall processes
- Understanding of user interface design
- Prior experience of communicating with clients
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing technical aspects to people with various backgrounds and management levels
- Detail oriented, meticulous & methodical
- Strong analytical skills and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly independently
- Strong work ethic, reliability and consistency
Education and Work Experience:
- This individual should have at least 3 years of experience in testing applications, services and user interfaces or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.