Thank you for your application. Your profile and application details have been forwarded to our HR department.
PHP Developer (Verna, Goa, India | Full Time)
- Develop/implement new modules to specifications
- Implement fixes for existing applications per specifications or on direction of senior staff
- Deploy changes/new modules into production environment, or client framework
- Commit own code into source versioning system(s) according to guidelines
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions in applications under development and applications in production where you might have to work with someone's code and provide suitable solutions for issues/errors/new features based on the understanding of the system and client business processes
- Implement unit test cases for your code and for integration testing
- Keep clear and descriptive code comments; understand project documentation and keep project files (naming convention and structure) well organized. Contribute to technical documentation and deployment guides
- Perform testing and work with QA on ensuring that application meets relevant QA standards by taking ownership to devise a plan for minimizing errors and bugs
- Increase proficiency level in technologies used by the client and investigate and develop skills in new technologies
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with PHP either in Windows or Linux environment
- Experience with working in an MVC framework like Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter etc.
- Experience with SQL based database, MySQL and SQL Server is preferred
- Experience with a source control system like CVS, Subversion, TFS or Git
- Experience with JQuery is preferred
- In-depth knowledge on Joomla or WordPress
- Strong analytical skills: can read business requirements, analyze issues and proposed solutions to make sure they can be implemented successfully
- Ability to identify alternatives and find an optimal way to implement a solution
- Ability to follow through and make sure the right logic is applied
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to manage time on several tasks and juggle competing deadlines
- Ability to explain technical project details effectively in English verbally and in writing
Education and Work Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is required in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.
- This individual should have over 3 years of working experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.