IT Support Specialist – Linux (Verna, Goa, India | Full Time)
The primary role of this person is to provide computer/network support to office staff. The person should have excellent problem-solving skills for troubleshooting computer, network, software, and hardware issues. The person should have over 2 years of experience in Linux Administration. The person should have good communication skills and should have the desire to learn. This person will report to our IT Manager.
1. IT Helpdesk:
- Investigate, diagnose and solve all computer hardware, software, and network faults in a timely and professional manner
- Set up and configure new laptops and desktops
- Work with vendors to resolve any IT related issues independently
- Identify users’ requirements and provide peripherals like keyboard, mouse, etc.
2. Systems Administration
- Create users and give appropriate rights independently
- Install and update Linux software on client and server machines
- Install and configure web servers like Apache, Nginx
- Roll out software updates and patches using software update server
- Configure/troubleshoot VPN connections on client machines
- Help DevOps team to configure and manage Automation scripts
- Help DevOps team to setup and Configure CI/CI Jobs using Jenkins and GitLab
- Setup, configure and manage Docker containers
3. Network/Server Maintenance
- Support and administration of office network
- Monitor and manage server using various tools like PRTG
- Monitor and manage server backups regularly and start backups manually when automatic backups fail
- Preventive maintenance of servers including OS updates, BIOS updates, antivirus updates and firmware updates, disk clean-ups, defragmentation
- Ability to configure network firewall under supervision
- Create local websites on IIS, Nginx, and Apache
- Configure DNS, DHCP under supervision
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Data center servers and services like AWS EC2 etc.
- Experience in software, hardware, and network troubleshooting
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, Nginx, etc.
- Knowledge of Docker Strong working knowledge of Linux OS and related applications
- Comfortable to configure and troubleshoot Linux based OS like Ubuntu
- Fundamentals: Basic DNS & Networking, TCP/UDP and IP Routing.
- Ability to stay calm, professional in troubleshooting and resolving support issues
- Likes working with people and training others
- Has strong work ethic, personal accountability and is dependable
- Ability to adjust tasks and schedule and adapt to changing priorities
- Capable of working well under pressure
Education and Work Experience:
This individual should possess a graduate degree in a computer related field with over 3 years of experience in System Administration. A Red Hat or Linux certification is preferred but not required.Apply Online