Thank you for your application. Your profile and application details have been forwarded to our HR department.
Business Systems Analyst Goa, India | Full-Time
This position is responsible for defining the requirements of the project, including eliciting requirements, organizing and prioritizing, translating and simplifying requirements as well as managing and communicating the requirements to various stakeholders. This candidate is also responsible to assist with project management and quality assurance functions as well as deployment of applications.
- Understand business needs, problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommend solutions within the application that enable to meet current and future needs and resolve current problems/inefficiencies
- Define the requirements of the project: this includes but is not limited to gathering requirements, organization and prioritization, translating and simplifying requirements, requirements management and communication
- Use best practices and various techniques/tools to document and communicate the requirements clearly to various stakeholders. Be able to adjust the level of details and complexity based on the stakeholder level of understanding.
- Ensure that internal technical teams, developers and QA, are able to easily understand what is to be built and navigate documentation while the project is in progress
- Ensure requirements' testability by defining parameters that can be verified by QA team. Work with QA team on ensuring that requirements meet relevant QA standards and software verification and validation
- Generate documentation that describe the system at different levels of detail and how the solution has been implemented including handling functionality and architecture to understand inner and outer dependencies of the product at hand
- Ensure requirements are met by verifying functionality, accuracy and completeness of the project requirements implemented against the original documents
- Liaise with key stakeholders to assure continued alignment of the project with present requirements and manage and changes and its effect on project scope, budget, and timeline
- Assist in development of processes and best practices, organizational policies and processes, and strategic initiatives
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience gathering, documenting and managing requirements
- Experience using various techniques such as process modeling, functional decomposition, document analysis, data modeling and other
- Experience of preparing large documents with sections that can be easily navigated, well organized, readable and cross referenced using various programs/tools
- Experience in using wire framing tools such as Axure, Figma
- Experience analysing and documenting complex processes, systems and organizational structure in diagrams using Visio or Lucid charts to define relevant workflows that assist stakeholders in understanding system structure
- Experience working with UI/UX teams to ensure the designs and UX accurately capture the requirements
- Experience to identify gaps in provided requirements and get the information needed so that decisions for issues facing the team can be addressed effectively
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- In-depth understanding of concepts and components in building web and mobile applications
- Exposure in gathering requirements for various industries preferred
- Ability to handle verbal and written communications adjusting a level of details and complexity from junior developers to executive staff based on the stakeholder understanding
- Ability to quickly gather, comprehend and organize information logically at a different level of details from high-level summaries to detailed documents
- Ability to research for information such as best practices applicable to a project
- Ability to offer alternative/creative approaches to help define functionality when clients struggle to make decisions
- Ability to quickly decompose complex structure into simple, logical pieces that fit together
- Ability to think in diagrams to define relevant workflows
- Ability to identify gaps in provided documents/requirements
- Ability to define and prioritize short-term and long-term objectives throughout the project and make necessary corrections under changing circumstances consistently
- Ability to learn relevant new concepts, tools and technologies quickly
Education and Work Experience:
- The candidate should have over 7 years of working experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in CS, IT or related scientific discipline is preferred
If that's not your area, check our other 7 Open Positions
Creative Capsule is a software consulting firm established in 2003 with a team of 250+ full-time employees.
Our business is built on a culture of open communication, new ways of thinking, and the delivery of innovative, quality solutions that drive client satisfaction.